The McCollum Park property was purchased by the Park District in 1972 and named in honor of Ted McCollum a few years later. Mr. McCollum was a former Commissioner and volunteer fireman, and helped the Park District obtain the four parcels of land that became this park. It quickly became one of the most heavily used parks in the District, creating the need for more playground equipment and fields. New shelters have been added as well as a renovation of the baseball and softball fields.
- Board of Ed Asking For 146,000 Additional Square Feet DG North (+78,000 sqft) + DG South (+68,000 sqft)
- Vote NO on the March 20th “Kitchen Sink”
- ALERT! District 99 Delays Secure Building Initiatives For Emotional Ploy #voteNO
- District 99 Seeks Massive Historical Property Tax Increase
- #voteNO District 99 Referendum